We are problem solvers. We solve the toughest beauty challenges with science and patented technology originating from MIT. Our founders are hair stylists who were fed up with the limitations of conventional products and scientists from outside the beauty industry with no preconceived notions of what can and can't be done. Twenty patents, 50 products, and 100 awards later, we have countless love letters thanking us for making products that keep their promises and for changing lives in ways both big and small. We are not hope in a bottle. We are Living Proof. And so are you.
The Living Proof culture is one of integrity and excellence where technology and product performance, not marketing, is the driving force. It is further collaborative, curious, creative, passionate, risk-inclined and results-oriented.
In addition to an open, creative, and fun work environment, we offer all our employees comprehensive benefits package including incentive stock options. Eligibility to work in the U.S. is required.
For immediate consideration for any open position, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Experienced finance professional to provide day-to-day accounting functions. Support the Controller for all monthly close activities by ensuring all transactional accounting entries are complete and accurate per close schedule timelines. Work with finance team to further develop daily processes and create efficiencies to improve overall functionality for the team and produce timely results. This position reports to the Controller.Responsibilities
- Support Controller with all month end close activities: maintain monthly Accrual and Prepaid schedules, Inventory Reconciliation of Finished Goods and Raw Materials, Royalty calculation, Commissions, Depreciation, reclass entries
- Responsible for management of all Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable processes
- Maintain “quality check” processes to ensure accuracy of all inventory movements for Cost of Goods and standard costs associated with production invoices, shipments and stock receipts.
- Cash forecasting and management with weekly reporting to the CFO
- Provide analytical support for functional expense reviews
- Prepare monthly/quarterly sales and use tax filings
- Responsible for administration of Avalara tax system for all state tax filing for eCommerce sales, including all related compliance
- Provide timely assistance and guidance with requests related to all accounting functions
- Prepare and maintain documentation for all areas of responsibility
- Provide support and assistance with audits, tax returns, budgets and forecasts, financial reporting
- Manage all payroll support and compliance including 1099 processing
- Prepare GAAP compliant transactions for all areas of responsibility
- Assist Controller and CFO with special projects, as requested
- Leverage technology (SAP) to streamline and automate manual processes
- Ensure that detailed accounting documentation are compiled and maintained in support of relevant legal, regulatory, and audit requirements
- Assist in the development and extension of SAP Business by Design in response to evolving accounting and reporting needs
- Ability to serve as back up for mission critical tasks such as check runs and payroll
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance (or equivalent business experience) and 3-5 years of progressively responsible accounting experience
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including GAAP
- Highly self-motivated and demonstrated ability to grow into additional complexity and responsibility
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- High rate of interaction with internal customers and senior management requires excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Comfortable in a fast paced, high volume, technical environment; prior experience in a start-up environment preferred
- Ability to juggle multiple projects while working with deadlines
- Proficiency with Excel required; experience with SAP (or other enterprise software) preferred
- Experience in a manufacturing environment and responsibilities associated with inventory controls and standard costing a plus
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule
- A strong, open, receptive communication style and a collaborative approach to work and problem solving
- Ability to be a team player (i.e. willingness to go above and beyond individual responsibilities to benefit the team)
- Good organizational skills with a great deal of attention to detail
- Responsible and extremely resourceful in finding answers and solutions when information and data is not readily available with a desire to share success and lessons learned
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
Senior Manager, Safety and Regulatory
Living Proof is seeking a Manager, Safety & Regulatory to support R&D activities for new product development in hair care. This position will report to the Director of Research & Product Safety. This is a paid, full time, position based in Cambridge MA. Immediate start date ideal.Responsibilities
- Plays a lead role in the review and compliance of the safety of raw materials and finished products, as well as the support of claims related to safety and the review of consumer issues related to the Company's products.
- Insures that toxicology/safety studies are appropriately conducted, evaluated and summarized, in line with requirements for regulatory submissions and within time constraints.
- Leads the creation of company safety dossiers for all markets..
- Strongly interfaces with external regulatory groups (e.g. CROs, consultants, industry associations, government agencies, etc) to help guide preparation of safety and regulatory support documents for regulatory submissions.
- Leads all international regulatory submissions for expansion of product portfolio into existing markets. This includes but is not limited to CARB notifications, FDA VCRP, Obtaining CFS/BSE documents for appropriate markets, Canadian PreMarket Notifications, EU CPNP, etc. .
- Leads R&D team for tracking of in market consumer complaints. Manages complaint resolution for R&D related complaints. Issues annual undesirable/serious undesirable effect reports for appropriate markets
- Serves as a technical resource on toxicology and safety, serving in house R&D efforts as well as addressing consumer safety inquiries.
- Serves as an internal technical resource for claim development strategies
- Serves as an internal technical resource for external technical communications
- Key regulatory reviewer for artwork, assuring label compliance for all appropriate markets.
- Works with cross-functional teams and with Director Product Safety/SVP R&D to help manage and integrate product safety and regulatory needs into the strategic plan for the company.
- Suggests new innovative technologies for toxicology testing batteries.
- Accountable for decision making in project teams.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctoral degree in Toxicology, Pharmacology, Pharmacy or closely related discipline, with appropriate and sufficient toxicology and regulatory experience.
- Strong background in toxicology and product safety.
- Demonstrated proficiency for managing the diverse aspects of toxicology programs. Demonstrated ability to manage key activities of a comprehensive safety program for a project or a group of projects.
- Knowledge of U.S. and international regulatory requirements for approval of cosmetic and related consumer products. Particular strong knowledge of requirements in EU, Canada, Australia, Brazil, So Korea, Japan, & China.
- Proficient in assembling and maintaining EU Cosmetic Product Safety Dossiers.
- Very strong interpersonal skills.
- Shows consistent decision making and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to work independently, initiate and lead tasks within defined projects/programs with no supervision.
- Ability to innovate and apply new and emerging technologies to toxicological issues.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work effectively as a support team to R&D departments.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with external groups such as the Personal Care Products Council SRTC
US & Canada Salon Education Manager
The Education Manager will report to the Director of Education to increase salon presence through Living Proof Education and go to market sales strategies while inspiring stylists and partnering with salons and distributors to achieve sales goals. The Education Manager will be responsible for conducting & organizing regional education events, managing distributor education calendars, and regional education teams.Responsibilities
Execute trainings and events
- Oversee the planning and organizing of successful regional events to generate sales within regions
- Maintain event budgets, organize and recruit models, plan event agendas, and be on site to ensure best experience by guests
Work with distributor partners and Living Proof Sales Team
- Build positive relationships to ensure the future success of Living Proof
- Support sales with motivational presentations at meetings, in salon classes and spending time in the field with sales to provide education support
Manage Regional Education Team
- Provide constant contact to both Living Proof Education Team and Brand Enthusiast team with new product launches, sharing up to date information, organizing travel and managing education calendars
- Ability to approve expense reports and maintain budgets
- Strong organizational skills including time management for self and others
- Exceptional presentation skills, with the ability to engage an audience; minimum 3 years teaching and presenting experience preferred
- Willingness to travel 60% of the time
- Proficient in Excel
- Distributor and salon experience
- Professional and fashionable image
- Licensed hairdresser
Regional Account Executive (Toronto)
The purpose of the Regional Account Executive is to manage a regional territory and deliver strong sales resultsResponsibilities
- Achieve monthly and annual sales goals set forth by company
- Manage all aspects of regional territory including Field Coordinators and freelance trainers
- Schedule and execute formal and express trainings
- Service each door based on business needs and trends
- Analyze sales results and react accordingly
- Conduct effective in store business meetings
- Ensure merchandising and marketing standards are adhered to according to company guidelines
- Coordinate and execute in store events and promotions
- Monitor and communicate stock levels/space and location concerns
- Communicate with peers and supervisor regarding accounts, priorities, concerns
- Manage and adhere to travel & expense budget
- Stay aware of competitors
- Lead by example
- Ability to serve as back up for mission critical tasks such as check runs and payroll
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent Experience
- Strong knowledge of retail (both sell in and sell through)
- Experience in event planning and execution
- Proven sales record
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to command an audience in an educational setting
- Understanding of retail math with analytical abilities
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Ability to motivate and hold accountable, sales people within a retail environment
- Ability to work in a self motivational position, yet part of a team vision and goal
- Ability to travel 50-75%
- Have a passion for beauty
The preferred candidate will demonstrate mature, seasoned judgment. Further this individual is able to work independently to make sound business decisions and can accurately balance risks with business needs. This person must be extremely hands-on, and thrive in a fast-paced, growing environment, consistently serving as Brand Ambassador. A strong sense of responsibility for customer experience on all levels is necessary.
Regional Sales/ Education Director for International
The Regional Director Salon Sales & Education will report to VP of International Sales to grow salon business through Living Proof Education and go to market sales strategies. This Director works closely with all other departments and field sales to create and execute the most relevant education programs for our partners. Regional territory is Europe. They will be responsible for managing the European Education team, salon education, and work closely with distributors and brand managers and conducting & organizing regional events that are custom fit to the needs of various markets. Inspire stylists, help salons & distributors grow and mentor education team.Responsibilities
Creation/ Implementation of education content- collaborate and adapt content to fit the market needed in the region while preserving brand integrity. Work closely with marketing & PD to build the best strategies for product launches and ongoing initiative. Work with Living Proof Marketing and Distributors to ensure brand positioning and creation of marketing pieces used in the field.
Execute trainings and events – oversee the planning, and organize the planning of successful regional events to generate sales within the region. Responsible for creating and maintaining event budgets, working in partnership with Distributors to create education calendars and events. Develop new formats of Education. Negotiations with show organizers, event agencies, sponsors and other vendors
Work with distributor partners and Living Proof Sales Team – build positive relationships to ensure the future success of Living Proof. Support teams with motivational sales meetings, in salon classes and spending time in the field with sales to provide education support.
Manage Regional Education Teams – provide constant contact to both Living Proof Education Team and Brand Enthusiast team with new product launches, sharing up to date information, organizing travel and managing education calendars. Continue to recruit and grow team with best possible candidates. Manage expense reports and maintain budgets.Qualifications
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- 10 years experience in professional hair care education
- Professional and fashionable image
- Collaborative style with the ability to build relationships and work with diverse constituencies
- Strong presence with exceptional communication (oral and written) skills
- Strong presentation skills, with the ability to engage & inspire an audience
- Strong organizational skills including time management for self and others.
- Flexible and capable of handling ambiguity
- Team-oriented, mature and able to resolve conflict
- Strong project management skills
- Demonstrated effective leadership and influencing skills
- Creative, critical thinking, and excellent analytical skills
- Conceptual thinking, curious, open enthusiast and dynamic.
- Ability to work in a fast paced deadline oriented environment
- Proficient in Excel
- Willingness to travel 75% of the time
- Licensed hairdresser, salon experience, excelling in styling & finishing
- Experience with managing In Field Educators
- Prior experience organizing shows and events
Brand Marketing Director (maternity leave coverage)Specifics of Maternity Coverage
We are looking for a freelancer/contractor to cover the responsibilities of our Brand Marketing Director during her maternity leave.
The logistical requirements for the position are:
- Available beginning mid-March to August 2017
- Able to work on site at our Cambridge, MA location
- Able to work 40 hours/week
Living Proof is seeking a Brand Marketing Director. This position will report to the VP/Global Marketing.
The Brand Marketing Director is a senior member of the marketing team. The ideal candidate must be comfortable working within a start-up environment, and be familiar with all elements of the below outlined responsibilities, so as to be able to jump into the role immediately and become fully immersed into the team. Must be willing to do both the high level thinking and also perform the tactical tasks needed to complete the job. Expedient, strategic, rigorous and well-planned development is necessary and will be the benchmark for success within the position.
The ideal candidate will understand established beauty paradigms for usage, positioning, and branding, yet be creative and analytical about developing strategies for establishing new paradigms for truly innovative hi-tech products.
This position will work cross functionally with the R&D, Operations, and Sales & Finance teams to coordinate concept development, competitive analysis, timeline management, consumer testing, pricing strategy, education, public relations, and collateral/digital support in preparation for launch.Responsibilities
Product Development: Work closely with product development and science discovery. This includes assessing overall market and competitive products, analyzing consumer trends/needs/desires, and individually testing and reviewing all submissions to provide high quality, iterative and ongoing feedback on desired product performance. Within the team, help position the product by marrying technical points of difference with the specific needs of the consumers. Oversee timeline management to ensure that all key dates are met.
Competitive Research: Compile, analyze, and review with team all relevant competitive information in Sephora, Mass market, QVC, and infomercials such as:ingredients & claims, size & pricing, customer reviews, name & packaging. Purchase, use and evaluate competitive products to help define benchmarks and competitive performance.
Consumer & Market Research: Manage all Living Proof consumer related research on product line including: defining research objectives, defining screener, preparing questionnaires, finalizing usage instructions with the team, and managing all logistics such as labelling and shipping product in combination with product development. Also as needed, managing market research agencies. Analyze data, discuss all finds with team, and issue summary memos as needed. Other research includes tracking consumer reviews online, and distilling relevant market data to use in presentations.
Package Development: Work closely with package designers, package engineers, and the scientists to guide the development of the primary and secondary package. This includes reviewing the competitive landscape of packages, setting aesthetic and cost objectives for all stock and custom designs, and reviewing and providing feedback on all submissions. There is a strong timeline, design, functionality, and cost element to this area. Prepare all comps as needed for retailers, press, consumer studies, and to assess artwork designs.
Artwork Management: Work with packaging engineers and creative designers to brief artwork development including all front and back copy related to performance, claims, and usage. Work with R&D and regulatory to ensure that all copy is globally complaint and legal. Work with translation house to translate into all required languages. Review initial artwork submissions as well as proofs and manage approval process within Living Proof.
Brand Management: Work closely with the marketing team to ensure that the brand messaging and product claims are accurately represented in the marketplace across retail, salon, LP.com, PR, media and education.
This includes the following:
- Managing the holistic meetings for each product launch and the launch review meetings where we focus on results near in and long term.
- Preparing and disseminating Global Brand Guidelines, Product Knowledge decks and Product Launch decks.
- Leading the photography development of models used in overall brand as well as in product launhces.
- Working with customer service to maintain a complete set of FAQs.
Analysis: Work closely with sales and finance to keep team and company focused on achieving sales results and recommend strategic shifts in direction when necessary.Professional Characteristics
- 8+ years of experience in brand management with a beauty consumer products company; direct haircare experience preferred
- MBA preferred
- Exceptional strategic and analytical thinking
- Outstanding understanding and experience in consumer research
- Strong sensory skills and ability to provide explicit product development feedback on elements of formulations – texture, performance, feeling on hair, visual benefits
- Proven track record of launching creatively innovative products and consumer experiences
- Ability to demonstrate strong leadership qualities in complicated situations
- Creative thinker who’s able to think outside of the box
- Exceptional organizational skills with a great deal of attention to detail
- Responsible and extremely resourceful in finding answers and solutions when information and data is not readily available
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and presentation experience
Freelance Multi-Media Designer
This position requires a strong background in digital and print design with the ability to work across multiple platforms and vehicles from ideation to execution. The ideal candidate will have the ability to be nimble, work against aggressive timelines and fiercely maintain the brand’s aesthetic.Responsibilities
- Work with Senior Graphic Designer and Social Media Strategist to conceptualize and create fresh, brand-consistent design concepts and final assets for social media, online advertising, presentation, events, and other media as requested
- Color correct and size assets for use on digital platforms (Instagram, paid social, etc)
- Work with social media team to conceptualize, style, and photograph creative product-focused photo and video shoots for our social media channels
- Stay current on design trends and best practices, particularly in web and social media
- Monitor competitive and comparative brands for differentiating positioning
- Possess a strong sense of type, color and design principles (typography, information hierarchy, color, etc.)
- Demonstrate an eagerness to help Living Proof succeed through tactical, hands-on assignments
- BA/BS in a relevant field
- 2-4 years experience in a mutli-media design role where you created content in various mediums – digital, video, photography
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and Microsoft Powerpoint
- Passionate about social media and/or online branding
- Experience with digital SLR photography a plus
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment
Living Proof is looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated freelance Copywriter. The ideal candidate will have relevant experience in the fast-paced beauty and/or publishing industry, and possess exceptionally strong writing, fact-checking, proofing and time-management skills. This team member will work closely with the Marketing Team to create lively yet informative, consistently on-brand copy for all primary brand needs including (but not limited to) new products, product campaigns, presentations, visual merchandising, mailers, fact sheets, event collateral, digital and content marketing.Responsibilities
The responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensuring consistency and adherence to Living Proof copy standards
- Writing informative, brand-right descriptions and compelling marketing copy across brand website, social media, retailer merchandise, education materials, etc)
- Proactively responding to copy requests and consistently deliver high-quality copy that’s on-brand
- Maintaining high standards for writing and proofreading
- Proofing and fact-checking copy for brand voice, style, quality and accuracy of information presented
- Reviewing copy generated by other departments and ensure that it conforms to the unique voice and style of Living Proof
- Brainstorming creative copy for new product launches
- Maintaining up-to-date copy calendar and master product dossiers
- Understanding of beauty industry (a love of haircare doesn’t hurt either!).
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Strong fact-checking and proofing skills, with an inherent attention to detail.
- Ability to manage a high-speed, high-volume workload in a quickly evolving business environment.
- Ability to work well in a team environment but also think and work independently, understanding and executing requests with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage up and around, working collaboratively with other team members and departments.
- Strong time management, organizational and listening skills.
- Flexible to evolving responsibilities.
- Curious, career-focused and dedicated, with a positive and proactive attitude.
- Familiarity with ecommerce, with awareness and opinions regarding the direction of copy and advertising.
- Ability to think strategically about interactive design and advertising.
- Deadline oriented.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism or related field.
- Minimum 5 yrs of professional copywriting experience for a brand, or writing/editing experience at a consumer website or publication.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Comfortable and adept at organizing/saving files on company server.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to adhere to deadlines.
Discovery Salon Stylist
We are seeking a licensed cosmetologist to join Living Proof as a Discovery Salon Stylist. This role will lead testing of new hair care technologies and provide our discovery team with sensitive and accurate evaluations of their hair care products. Role will conduct and document the testing of hair care products in a salon setting utilizing a variety of sensory evaluation methods.Responsibilities
- Shampoo, cut, set, style, perm, and color panelist's hair as needed.
- Provide discovery team with very sensitive and accurate evaluations of their hair care technologies.
- Conduct and document testing of hair care products in a salon setting utilizing a variety of sensory evaluation methods. Including maintenance of a sensory evaluation database and issuance of test reports.
- Ensure suitability of panelists for test participation. Disqualifying a panelist when necessary due to poor scalp evaluation or panelists lack of following instructions.
- Attend protocol training and/or ideation sessions. Contribute to method and protocol development on an as needed basis.
- Recruit salon participants based on evaluation needs.
- Ability and desire to work with both marketing and scientific teams.
- Ability to travel with company as needed for style demonstrations.
- 12 hours per week with potential to turn into part-time or full-time role
- Licensed cosmetologist
- 0-1 year experience with limited or no salon experience
- Solid blow drying and styling skills
- Excellent oral and written communication capabilities as well as strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Entrepreneurial individual who thrives in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Responsive professional, able to turn on a dime
- Engaging team player, with a perpetual positive spin
- Excellent communicator interested in bringing out the best in teammates.
- Creative thinker totally dedicated to helping the company obtain extraordinary performance as both a research, manufacturing and marketing company.
- Decisive individual who can bring issues to consensus and quickly execute solutions.
- Intuitive caretaker of company spirit and morale.
- Honest equilibrator of both the needs of the company and the needs of the individual.
Retail Sales Coordinator
This is an entry-level sales support position in a fast-paced hair care consumer goods company. The Retail Sales Coordinator will report to the VP of Retail Sales to provide first-class support to Living Proof’s retail partners and field sales team in order to achieve sales goals. This position will assist in executing sales & marketing programs, help coordinate corporate and field events & education programs, and provide operational support to field sales team, supply chain, finance and sales ops. The candidate for this position will have strong organizational skills, pay extreme attention to detail, a sense of resourcefulness, a positive attitude, and a willingness to learn in a fast-moving environment. A self-starter with a proactive & nimble mindset is crucial.Responsibilities
- New product launch support, including product shipments, form submission, asset distribution
- Budget support, including freelance & vendor invoice submission & organization
- Purchase order coordination, including customer communication of receipt, changes, confirmations
- In conjunction with marketing, support retailer meeting organization, scheduling & set up
- In conjunction with marketing, support smaller retailers on sales & marketing initiatives
- Regularly work with marketing on competitive landscape feedback to improve sales & marketing efforts
- Support VP with general administrative tasks
Event and Education support and development
- Work closely with Brand Marketing and Sales to develop and produce effective educational tools and collateral to support new product launches
- Assist in the planning and execution of retail events, including in-store, corporate, and in-house events
- Manage retailer gratis and field team car-stock orders and budgets, providing timely and accurate updates
Field Sales Support
- Sales team communication, including monthly operational emails, collection of field team feedback, weekly call agenda and recaps
- Sales reporting support, including distribution of reports, communication with field team and finance on updates and changes
- Field team support, including gratis/car stock shipment coordination, sales & educational collateral organization
- Organization of annual sales meeting
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong time management for self and others
- Ability to work cross-functionally in a small, fast-paced environment
- A creative and resourceful team member with a positive attitude
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
Part-Time Freelance Sales and Education Coordinator
Hands on, in store sales and education position representing Living Proof in Ulta, Sephora, Nordstrom, and Saks. A brand ambassador that supports the company objectives and executes brand initiatives flawlessly. Areas needed: DETROIT, LAS VEGAS, DENVER, LOS ANGELES, DALLAS, PITTSBURGH, and MINNEAPOLIS. Hours: 10-24 hours per week; varies by region.Responsibilities
- Work with Regional Sales Manager to achieve sales goals and training objectives in designated market
- Execute trainings, events and other brand initiatives at store level
- Responsible for product knowledge level for Ulta, Sephora, Nordstrom, Saks associates
- Inspire staff to sell brand outside of personal visits
- Build relationships with in-store associates and develop plan to achieve goals
- Communicate marketing activity to business partners
- Manage gratis/car stock levels and budgets
- Track all trainings and complete appropriate documents
- Review and monitor inventory levels; communicate timely and accurately to manager
- Maintain brand image via merchandising, cleaning, and implementing best practices
- Develop call cycle calendar with manager
- If not a stylist, recruit stylists to assist in events
- Adhere to all company rules and regulations set forth by the Company and manager
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Highest level of professionalism – unacceptable behavior such as gossiping, engaging in non-sales activity whilst on sales floor, etc will not be tolerated
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Confident leader in delivering product education
- Creative and resourceful
- A true brand ambassador. As a representative of Living Proof, it is expected you live to our brand standards – customer satisfaction is our utmost priority. Our store partners are our customers as well – respect, partnership, and flexibility is non-negotiable
- Knowledge of partner retail operations
- Prior hair experience is a plus, but not required