Living Proof is a technology driven consumer products company based in Cambridge, Massachusetts. The company was founded by Polaris Venture Partners, professional stylists, and a team of scientists including Dr. Bob Langer, an institute professor at MIT and one of history’s most prolific inventors in medicine. Created in Cambridge , for the purpose of applying advanced technology to solve the toughest beauty challenges. Its team of scientists and beauty authorities share a common aspiration: to challenge the status quo and end the common beauty frustrations of people everywhere. By assembling world-class scientists from a range of disciplines and leading universities we are able to look at everyday concerns from a completely unique, fresh perspective.
The company has been receiving a tremendous amount of press and positive customer feedback to date. Our products are available at Livingproof.com, Sephora, Ulta, QVC, Nordstrom and in select salons. Living Proof products are also available in Europe at SpaceNK, and Mecca Cosmetics in Australia.
The company has also added Jennifer Aniston as a co-owner and spokesperson for Living Proof’s hair care business. With Jennifer’s iconic status and popularity, she has already begun making a tremendous impact in driving awareness for the company.
The Living Proof culture is one of integrity and excellence where technology and product performance, not marketing, is the driving force. It is further collaborative, curious, creative, passionate, risk-inclined and results-oriented.
In addition to an open, creative, and fun work environment, we offer all our employees comprehensive benefits package including incentive stock options. Eligibility to work in the U.S. is required.
For immediate consideration for any open position, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Living Proof is seeking a Postdoctoral Fellow to support Discovery activities for our Hair Care Business. This position will report to the Head of Discovery and will also network heavily with Dr. Daniel Anderson, Associate Professor, Chemical Engineering and Institute for Medical Engineering and Science, M.I.T. This is a paid position with full time hours based in Cambridge, starting May, 2015.
The Postdoctoral position at Living Proof offers an excellent opportunity to gain hands on experience within a fast paced, entrepreneurial personal care Research and Development start-up. The incumbent provide leadership for multiple projects and facilitate cross functional team interactions among a diverse group of scientists within Living Proof and our external entities. Our Fellow will also gain real time exposure to the Living Proof’s New Product Development Process
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Explore biochemical modifications of hair protein
- Hands-on polymer synthesis and characterization
- Qualification and extensive use of hair performance test methods appropriate for program targets
- Reporting of data at weekly team meetings
- Laboratory upkeep and maintenance
- PhD or equivalent in Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Material Science, Biomedical Engineering, or a related discipline.
- Laboratory experience in small molecule and/or polymer synthesis, polymer and/or protein modification and the analytical characterization of said materials.
- Strong knowledge and experience with data analysis and interpretation using various computational and image analysis programs
- Knowledge of basic organic chemistry, polymer synthesis and biochemical modifications.
- Significant laboratory experience in small molecule and/or polymer synthesis, purification and characterization.
- Knowledge of modern research methods, data collection and analysis including NMR, GPC, spectrophotometery, thermal analysis, rheometry, Intron and other chemical, physical and mechanical testing of polymer materials
- Responsible and extremely resourceful in finding answers and solutions when information and data is not readily available.
- Experience in working on a research program together with diverse individuals and groups; sharing data and problem solving collaboratively on a team.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership qualities in complicated situations.
- Ability to work effectively and independently in a lab setting.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.