Living Proof is a technology driven consumer products company based in Cambridge, Massachusetts. The company was founded by Polaris Venture Partners, professional stylists, and a team of scientists including Dr. Bob Langer, an institute professor at MIT and one of history’s most prolific inventors in medicine. Created in Cambridge , for the purpose of applying advanced technology to solve the toughest beauty challenges. Its team of scientists and beauty authorities share a common aspiration: to challenge the status quo and end the common beauty frustrations of people everywhere. By assembling world-class scientists from a range of disciplines and leading universities we are able to look at everyday concerns from a completely unique, fresh perspective.
The company has been receiving a tremendous amount of press and positive customer feedback to date. Our products are available at Livingproof.com, Sephora, Ulta, QVC, Nordstrom and in select salons. Living Proof products are also available in Europe at SpaceNK, and Mecca Cosmetics in Australia.
The company has also added Jennifer Aniston as a co-owner and spokesperson for Living Proof’s hair care business. With Jennifer’s iconic status and popularity, she has already begun making a tremendous impact in driving awareness for the company.
The Living Proof culture is one of integrity and excellence where technology and product performance, not marketing, is the driving force. It is further collaborative, curious, creative, passionate, risk-inclined and results-oriented.
In addition to an open, creative, and fun work environment, we offer all our employees comprehensive benefits package including incentive stock options. Eligibility to work in the U.S. is required.
For immediate consideration for any open position, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
The Vice President of International Sales will report to the CEO and oversee the strategy and execution of salon sales and training in the international (ex-North American) market. This executive will need to introduce, establish and develop the brand internationally through a strong network of international distributors consistent with the brand’s values and short and long-term financial goals. The channel mix will be predominantly salons, with some retail. This is a critical leadership role requiring a driven individual who can work independently as well as collaborate and communicate throughout the organization.
- Develop and execute an integrated strategy (short term and long term) that drives strong sales growth internationally; cultivate our existing business across the globe while identifying and launching new strategic international markets.
- Bring bold thought leadership and strong execution to sales, promotions, education, training and marketing market by market and ensure a uniform standard of excellence and brand positioning across all markets.
- Lead and manage a large network of distributors including establishing best practices for communication, accountability, education, and one-voice.
- Define clear KPI’s with distributors to measure brand’s health and performance in each market. Manage all aspects of the international budget to deliver against plan.
- Develop and manage all forecasts related to international sales: sales plans, inventory and PO’s, expenses.
- With Marketing, develop products and offers for this channel, ensuring all programs are profitable for LP and are aligned with our business/brand objectives.
Qualifications and Relevant Experience
- A demonstrated record of success with over 10+ years in sales for personal care product industry. Must include at least 7 years in haircare salon market.
- Must have international experience and be willing to travel frequently (position requires 75% travel).
- Experience developing distribution in the Salon channel either domestically or internationally.
- Must have opened salons in a high-growth situation.
- Experience in scaling up operations to meet expected growth.
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, bringing a needed balance between strategic and tactical skills.
- Must possess creative leadership skills that drive change, innovation and success.
- A strong leader with team-building and organization-building skills.
- Shared values and personal style consistent with Living Proof’s mission and culture.
Personal Qualifications and Behaviors
- Strong communication and influencing skills, with the ability to sell concepts and negotiate win/win situations.
- Healthy respect for technology/product development process.
- Strong work ethic, goal-oriented, comfortable driving strategy and execution.
- Executive presence, confident with a balanced ego.
- Flexible and resilient.
Reporting to the Salon Marketing Manger, the incumbent will assist with the planning and execution of all marketing and sales activities that support our business (i.e. direct salons and distributors - North America and International). This includes merchandising, education, in store collateral, digital assets and new product launch promotions. The Assistant Marketing Manager will be a key liason between marketing and sales and will partner closely with the sales, salon and International departments. The incumbent will provide educational materials and event collateral while ensuring all messaging, communication and execution reflects the brand and product strategies. The Assistant Marketing Manager will be a key liason between marketing and sales and will partner closely with the sales, salon and International departments. The incumbent will provide educational materials and event collateral while ensuring all messaging, communication and execution reflects the brand and product strategies. Further, the Assistant Marketing Manager will participant in elements of the marketing plan, as outlined by the marketing team leadership and function as project manager for specified salon initiatives.
- Salon Marketing Calendar and Grids: Assist in the execution and implementation of salon-specific marketing plans for the entire salon channel. Maintain holistic marketing grids for counterparts in Sales and Digital, supporting the master 12-month launch calendar. Assist with timelines for programs such as promotional kits. Maintain SKU assortment by country.
- Launches and Promotions: Support Salon Marketing Manager in the development and execution of launch initiatives. Lead key promotions and projects. Analyze sku, new launch and promotional performance to identify the most effective promotions and launch promotions. Evaluate penetration of new launches and promotions to determine how many of our salons are buying into the programs.
- Merchandising and Artwork: Assist Salon Marketing Manager when working with creative agency and internal designers, overseeing design processes for merchandising plans, kit packaging, brochures, and printed collateral. End to end project management: briefing, timeline, review, editing, approval of mechanical drawings and final printing files, and ensure timely delivery of final designs.
- Sampling: Assist in identifying sampling plans and aid in the negotiation, coordination, and oversight of programs. Make recommendations to improve efficiency and effectiveness of sampling initiatives, especially with updates pertaining to promotional sampling, car stock and gratis for sales and salons.
- Forecasting and Budgets: Assist in costing out all programs included in salon marketing plans. Update budget with actual costs, and revise budgets as initiatives change. Work with sales team and Ops to manage salon marketing collateral inventory, plan updates and replenishments, etc
- Marketing Materials: Collaborate with salon team, distributors and international markets: ensure they have the resources to hold in-salon events and trainings, such as posters, PR coverage, samples, and gift-bags. Manage custom requests and ongoing approvals for US distributors.
- Market Research: Track, report and present industry trends and competitive brand data in each channel of distribution. As part of this effort, collaborate with field team to track in-store and digital efforts of Living Proof and competitive brands, including kits, sampling, gratis, promotions, events, holiday, etc.
- Presentations: Assist in communicating marketing plans, initiatives, and all other pertinent information to internal teams and for all external meetings. Ensure delivery of materials (presentations, mock-ups, product, etc) within specific deadlines to the relevant parties. Maintain marketing plan and other marketing and sales decks. Summarize marketing data and initiatives for VP of Marketing.
- Education: Assist with the creation of Education materials ensuring all messaging, communication and execution reflects the brand and product strategies
- Advertising: Assist in the development and execution of trade publications and distributors that engage and speak to the stylist community. Support trade press specifically in social and digital programs and PR.
- Digital: Design and execute the salon email calendar and content in conjunction with Salon Marketing Manager and head of Digital. Manage the professional site with content creation, updates and monitoring forum discussions.
- FTP Site: Manage the collateral and assets on the FTP site for salons and distributors.
Qualifications and Relevant Experience
- 2-3 years of experience in a professional marketing position.
- Prior experience with a beauty consumer products company and/or salon and distributor knowledge a plus
- Proven capability of establishing and maintaining positive interpersonal relationships
- Ability to demonstrate leadership qualities in complicated situations – take charge attitude
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Resourceful in finding answers and solutions when information and data is not readily available; able to work independently and make decisions using sound judgement
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and presentation experience
- Ideal candidate will have experience in salons and specialty channels (i.e. Sephora), as well as a curiosity to learn the businesses of varied channelsd
- Sales and/or retail experience is a plus
The Salon Education Manager will partner with our education and sales teams to grow our salon business through Living Proof Education and go to market sales strategies. This is a field-based position with responsibility for: management of the North American Education team, salon education in US and Canada, conducting and organizing regional events and oversight of the Living Proof Style Lab. The Salon Education Manager will inspire stylists, help salons and distributors grow and mentor education team.
- Execute trainings and events – oversee the planning, and organize the implementation of successful regional events to generate sales within regions.
- Collaborate with distributor partners and Living Proof Sales Team– build positive relationships to ensure the future success of Living Proof. Support existing teams by providing: salon classes, motivational sales meetings, and by spending time in the field with sales entities to facilitate education efforts.
- Manage US and Canada Education Teams – provide ongoing communication between the Living Proof Education Team and Brand Enthusiast team about new product launches; ensure information is up to date, organize travel and manage calendars for 50+ educators on the team.
- Style Lab – lead the planning and execution of successful training events in the Living Proof Style Lab. This includes: organizing models, hotel reservations, planning training days, talent booking and being on site to ensure a top-notch experience by our guests.
Qualifications and Relevant Experience
- Licensed hairdresser, salon experience, excelling in styling and finishing
- Minimum 3 years teaching and presenting experience preferred
- Strong presentation skills, with the ability to engage an audience
- Possesses professional appearance and has a passion for exceptional customer service
- Willingness to travel 60+% of the time; must live near a major US airport with a strong preference for east-coast or mid-west.
- Demonstrated organizational skills including time management for self and others
- Strong attention to detail and passion for event planning
- Proficient in Excel and Outlook
- Bi – lingual in Spanish preferred but not required
Living Proof is seeking a Postdoctoral Fellow to support Discovery activities for new product development in hair care. This position will report to the Head of Discovery. This is a paid, full time, position based in Cambridge MA. Immediate start date ideal.
The Postdoctoral position at Living Proof offers an excellent opportunity to gain hands on experience within a fast paced, entrepreneurial personal care Research and Development start-up. The incumbent provide leadership for multiple projects and facilitate cross functional team interactions among a diverse group of scientists within Living Proof and our external entities. Our Fellow will also gain real time exposure to the Living Proof’s New Product Development Process.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Hands-on polymer synthesis and characterization
- Design, develop and validate key methods and models for hair/ material interactions.
- Quantification and extensive use of hair performance test methods appropriate for program targets
- Reporting of data at weekly team meetings
- Laboratory upkeep and maintenance
- PhD or equivalent in Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Material Science, Biomedical Engineering, or a related discipline.
- Extensive experience in method development to study surface-material interactions. Such experience in personal care will be preferable.
- Laboratory experience in polymer synthesis, polymer modification and analytical characterizations of polymeric materials.
- Strong knowledge and experience with data analysis and interpretation using various computational and image analysis programs
- Knowledge of qualitative/quantitative methods to understand surface-material interactions.
- Experience in instrumental analysis including but not limited to mechanical testing of polymeric materials (Instron/diastron), microscopy, spectroscopy, thermal analysis, and GPC.
- Laboratory experience in polymer synthesis and characterization, materials science, and formulation.
- Ability to work effectively and independently in a lab setting.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Experience in working on a research program together with other researchers; data sharing and problem solving collaboratively on a team.