Created by Chris McMillan
1. Apply a dollop of Prime from root to tip on clean, damp hair. This will help extend your style longer. Using a round brush, blow the hair out straight, parting it to the side.
2. To get some height at your crown, spray Flex Shaping Hairspray at the root, then tease with a comb before pulling all of your hair into a ponytail. Here, Chris used two Emi-Jay ponytail holders stacked on top of each other to give the base of the ponytail more volume.
3. Take a piece of hair from the ponytail and wrap it around the ponytail’s base, hiding the elastics.
4. Next, spray a little more Flex at the base to hold the strand in place, plus a bit more in the body of the ponytail then zhuzz it with your fingers for even more volume.
5. Pull out a few strands of hair in the front to frame the face. For Jen’s look, Chris parted these pieces far over to her side for a more dramatic effect.